When PSC (my darling 5 year old daughter) pushed on my belly, commenting on the fact that it has not (yet) returned to its pre-baby #2 (her darling almost 2 year old sister) size, I was a little saddened and mostly disappointed. Your stomach being mushy like pizza dough is not a way you want ANYONE to feel about your body. But then again, pizza dough has some great points. First off, it's delicious. Secondly, its a vessel for any flavor you can add to it. Lastly, it stretches and rebounds, expands and shrinks, and most importantly, withstands the highest of temperatures. Yes, I think that could sum up the last 30 years of my life. There you have it - my attempt at being profound.
I'll never be as eloquent a writer as most of my friends, but I hope that by reading this, you appreciate my stories of all that has happened by the time I've turned 30: a girlfriend, a teacher, a fiancee, a mom, shortly after, a wife :), a mom again, and most importantly, a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment